Monday, October 1, 2012

Fall Fashion Inspiration: Lana Del Rey for H&M

Hello Again!

How many of you are obsessed with the Lana Del Rey for H&M Fall campaign, and with Lana in general? I must admit, I was a bit of a Lana hater a few month ago. I openly mocked her SNL performance, and dismissed her music as drivel. Well, I suppose I drank the Lana Kool-Aid, because I am now simply in love with her style and her sultry voice.

I gasped with joy when I saw her ad spots for the Fall H&M collection. I am obsessed with the early 60s vibe, and love the David Lynch/Twin Peaks references of the "Blue Velvet" TV spot. Here are some images from the collection:
All images courtesy of H&M.
 
There is no H&M near me that I know of, and H&M still hasn't launched their online shopping for the US. So, I've basically given up any hope of owning this collection (the prices on eBay are insane). Not that I could have actually fit into any of these looks, since this line stops at an XL, and I am a 2X. But, I am sure I would have tried to rock the angora sweaters regardless.
 
Oh, and if anyone knows of a good bouffant hair tutorial for this look, please pass it my way!
 
Here is Lana in the TV spot singing Blue Velvet.


....and here is Lana singing Video Games, the song I mocked so harshly, but now love.


Adrienne

11 comments:

  1. Her singing had to grow on me but I've been obsessed with her look - and yes, that hair! She's very Priscilla Presley back in the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel ya--no H&M around here, either! But I love the fuzzy jackets she's wearing. So soft!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need that Angora sweater like WHOAH. H& M, I'm comin' for ya! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do love the images...but still can't stand her :)

    Courtney ~ http://sartorialsidelines.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a big soft spot for her, she has such an incredible voice & I just adore her sense of style xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adrienne thanks for following along...I was so excited to see that. When I get back from vacation I will follow along with you too. I can't from this phone for some reason. Watched both videos. This girl is too gorgeous. Her voice will probably grow on me. I really want to do my hair like hers. Enjoying your instagram too. Dawn suitcase vignettes xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love me some Lana!
    www.poolovesboo.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shes so pretty ang gorgeous! H&M definitely suits her!

    DANEY
    THE UNCANNY GIRL

    ReplyDelete
  9. oohh I love her hair!
    it's too perfect! I know it's edited, but still, gorgeous!!
    I actually really like her voice since I first heard it on Video Games :)
    and never thought it would match her gorgeous features!


    <3
    The Sweetest Escape 

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Lana Del Rey, and I'm really excited about this collection! I can't wait until they open up a store closer to me :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read every one! If you have a moment, follow my blog as well :)